The International Snow Sculpture Championships kick off in Breckenridge on January 20th, 2020. What starts out as 12-foot-tall, 20-ton blocks of snow are transformed into stunning works of frozen art. Sixteen teams from around the world meet in Breckenridge, Colorado to compete and show off their creativity. Sculpting starts on Monday, January 20th. The event starts with the sound of a cannon letting the teams know that they have 96 hours to work around the clock to create their masterpieces. Sculpting ends on January 24th at which time judging begins.
Every year historic downtown Breckenridge turns into a temporary outdoor art gallary with visitors from all over the world. This free event is held in the Riverwalk Parking lot across from the Blue River Plaza in the middle of Breckenridge’s mile long Victorian Main Street. For more information on the 2020 International Snow Sculpture Championship (ISSC) in Breckenridge, Colorado visit GoBreck.
The 2020 ISSC Teams include: USA-Alaska, Argentina, USA-Breckenridge, China, Ecuador, France-Normandie, Germany, Great Britain, India, Mexico, USA-Minnesota, Mongolia, Switzerland, Turkey, USA-Wisconsin, and USA-Vermont.
- Sculpting Week | January 20-24, 2020 | Watch how the sculptures are built
- Sculpting begins at 11:00am on Monday the 20th
- Sculpting Ends at 9:00am on Friday the 24th
- Fristbank Warming Hut Exhibit | January 20-29, 2020 | View the 30 year history
- Hours are 12:00pm-8:00pm
- People’s Choice Voting | January 23-25, 2020 | Vote for your favorite work of art
- Voting starts January 23rd at 12:00pm
- Text to vote for your favorite sculpture
- Voting closes January 25th at 2:00pm
- Award Announcements | January 24, 2020
- Sculpting ends and judging begins at 9:00am
- The Grand Illumination of the sculptures begins at 7:30pm
- Viewing Weekend | January 25-29, 2020
- Sculptures are available for viewing 24/7 this week
- The nightly lightshow illuminates the sculptures from dusk to dawn
- The sculptures will be taken down at 7:00pm on the 29th
Visiting Tip – try and visit the sculptures during the day to really see the intricacies of each sculpture but do visit again in the evening when the sculptures are illuminated, making them almost appear to come to life.
Breckenridge Colorado is a beautiful historic ski town that has over 1 million visitors yearly. If you are one of those frequent visitors why not make Breckenridge your 2nd home? With over 15 years experience in Breckenridge Real Estate contact Krystal Knott or Brett Rudolph with LIV Sotheby’s International Realty to discuss your search. We can assist you with purchasing a Breckenridge Condo, a home in Silverthorne or any Summit County Property. Call today at 970.462.1416 or start your search online where you can view the entire Summit County MLS. We can’t wait to hear from you and assist you in making this dream a reality.